Really been sometime since I blogged. Firstly, some good news, Reg A are top of the minor league for Badminton at Heart.Sports (for more details of Evangel's activities, please click on the link in the link portal). Think it's really God's will. I lost my singles match (played very badly) and with only Jiamin winning her singles, we were looking at a total loss for the day. However, it happened that most of the players from Rays did not turn up, resulting in a walkover and a hugely weakened mixed doubles pairing. So, we won 3-2 to clinch top spot. Other than being God's will, there's no other explanation.
Now, on a darker side... hmm, where should I start... It all started on the Tuesday combined prayer meeting. A prayer request was being flashed to pray that a few extremists will not impose their "personal" convictions on other members (eg. not watching TV, etc.). It sounded so ridiculous and surreal that I couldn't believe it. But after Friday's HOF and Sunday's service, it's confirmed that such a thing is actually happening in our church. First of all, I'm in no way condemning these "extremists" or anything, cos I believe that God still loves them dearly despite their waywardness... But lets shed some reasoning on this...
I think it's totally OK if God speaks to a person and convicts him/her personally on a certain part of his/her life. Hence the term "personal conviction".
The dictionary defines personal as: "Concerning a particular person and his or her private business, interests, or activities; intimate"
So a personal conviction involves that someone and God "intimately" and should NEVER be imposed on another member. By expecting others to follow suit and introducing a new doctrine in church is hovering very closely to the occult. Now, let's shine the spot light on TV. Yes, I agree that TV (not the equipment itself, but the programs) does have it's ugly sight. But there's a old chinese saying that roughly translates into: "Water can fetch a raft, and yet it can hinder it." What this means is that depending on the method of usage, the one same thing can be used for good or evil. Which brings to mind what purposes these super holy extremists use the TV for? Hmm... something to think about.
Now, how about blogs? Is there such a thing as a personal blog? PLEASE!!! Blogs are posted on the www and are free for all to view as long as you have internet connection and a web browser. So if you decide to post something private, personal or intimate on the website, please know that you have to bear responsibility for every post made. There's NO SUCH THING as a personal blog for a select few to view!!! So PLEASE, christian bloggers.... MAINTAIN A GOOD TESTIMONY!!!
Think I've gone on long enough on this. It's just very saddening that this is hapening to our church. The repercussions might be great, but I believe God has chosen to reveal this before things got out of hand.